Thursday, August 23, 2012

Katrina's Review of Masquerade

Published: May 1, 2007

Buy: Amazon, B&N

Source: Own

Goodreads Blurb: Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help - her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful, and unhuman - a true Blue Blood affair.

But it's at the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire's destiny.

Rich with glamour, attitude, and vampire lore, this second installment in the Blue Bloods saga will leave readers thirsting for more.




Wow! I forgot how much happened in Masquerade.  A lot of the questions I had in Blue Bloods were answered, but boy have a lot of new ones arisen.  

I thought Kingsley came into the picture later on in the series, but no. He was causing problems for the Duchesne Blue Bloods. You don't really know what to think of him.  Schuyler also begins to learn how to harness her vampiric powers.  


There are a lot of twists in this book. A shift in Oliver and Sky's relationship, as well as Mimi & Jack's. I loved re-reading this installment and found myself sympathizing with Mimi. I know, you're shocked! She's still a Queen B, but she also shows some vulnerability. It's nice to see that side of her.  Bliss finds a picture of her mother, and that raises all kinds of questions. I don't remember the explanation so I can't wait to see what it is.  I'm stoked to see the emotional ups and downs that are sure to happen in Revelations next month.  I also wonder why Jack held off on his moment with Mimi in Venice???  The answers will be waiting for me to read next month. I hope. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment